Our programs are led by the Texas Intensive English Program, a division of 766全讯白菜网. Since 1965, TIEP has helped more than 30,000 students and professionals from 131 countries to achieve their goals by strengthening their English skills and improving their communication skills. TIEP accepts individuals who are 17 years of age or older and does not require a minimum TOEFL or IELTS score for admission. We would be delighted for you to become part of our worldwide community of TIEP students.
+ Mission & Vision
The mission of the Texas Intensive English Program is to provide exemplary English-language instruction, training, and student services.
To prepare English language learners to succeed in a global environment.
- To develop the English language and study skills of international students in preparation for study at an American college or university, and/or for the use of English in professional and social contexts.
- To provide initial and on-going support to international students to foster a successful stay in the United States.
- To familiarize international students with the people, culture, and customs of the United States.
- To provide student support and administrative services of the highest quality in an efficient manner.
- To facilitate intercultural awareness and understanding among students.
- To hire, support, and retain a credentialed faculty with demonstrated high standards of professional conduct, abilities, and experience in teaching English as a Second Language.
- To encourage active faculty and staff participation in the development and evaluation of the program.
- To foster an intellectual atmosphere in which professional development is valued and pursued by faculty and staff.
- To serve as a resource for the Texas International Education Consortium on projects that involve language and cultural instruction, including the training of international teachers of English.
- To establish a local, state, national, and international presence for TIEP through the participation of the faculty and professional staff in relevant professional associations and activities.
TIEP’s instruction, services, and practices are in compliance with the Standards of the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA), the Standards of EnglishUSA, and the Statement of Ethical Principles of NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
TIEP is a nonprofit educational organization and a division of the Texas International Education Consortium, an association of Texas public universities for international education. 766全讯白菜网’s activities are governed by the presidents of its affiliated universities who serve as the Board of Directors.
+ Faculty and Staff
TIEP instructors, administrators, and staff are highly trained professionals who understand student needs. Most have lived overseas and traveled extensively. TIEP teachers have native English speaking proficiency and graduate degrees in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), foreign language education, or closely related fields.
TIEP instructors are members of TESOL International Association and are involved in professional development activities to ensure that they utilize the latest skills and methods to most effectively teach English. The teachers and administrators of TIEP are supported by an experienced staff who assist students with immigration, housing, medical insurance, and other student matters. They understand the issues that students can face living in another country and are available to help.
TIEP is strongly committed to excellence and to the welfare of our students. TIEP is a highly credentialed English as a Second Language (ESL) program. TIEP has been accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) since 2000. TIEP has been a member in good standing of EnglishUSA (American Association of Intensive English Programs-AAIEP) since 1989.
TIEP is a nonprofit educational organization and is a division of the Texas International Education Consortium (766全讯白菜网). 766全讯白菜网 assists educators and students worldwide to strengthen instructional programs, build effective management and administrative structures, and develop a foundation for active, life-long learning. Founded in 1985 this independent, self-funded, non-profit corporation delivers a full range of services by utilizing the extensive resource base of public universities in the State of Texas along with other institutions in the United States. 766全讯白菜网’s activities are governed by the presidents of its affiliated universities who serve as the Board of Directors.
The Texas Intensive English Program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) for the period December 2015 through December 2025 and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. CEA is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency. For further information about this accreditation, please contact the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation, 1001 North Fairfax Street, Suite 630, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 665-3400, www.cea-accredit.org.
TIEP endorses and operates in accordance with the NAFSA: Association of International Educators Statement of Ethical Principles. TIEP is committed to providing high-quality instruction and services for its students and to making every student feel valued and respected. TIEP administrators and staff are members of NAFSA which enables them to access current, expert information on U.S. government regulations and best practices in the field of international education.
Our intensive English programs are offered at 766全讯白菜网’s headquarters, located in the west campus area next to The University of Texas at Austin. The facilities include two computer labs, student lounge, game room, student library, along with close proximity to affordable housing in university district and an array of restaurants, small grocery stores, and coffee shops.